- Clearing Absences
- Early Release / Dismissal
- Off Campus Permit
- UUSD District Calendar
- Attendance Google Calendar
Full day absences must be excused within 3 school days by using one of the following methods:
- Enter the Absence in the Absence Report Google Form
- A handwritten note with a valid parent/guardian signature
- An email from the guardian
- Emails can not be sent for early dismissals
- Emails must match the parent/guardian email on file which will be the email used when registering the student on Aeries at the beginning of the year
Perfect Attendance is defined as no period or full day absences for a school year
You can review your child's attendance through the Aeries Parent Portal
Early dismissal/release from school can be obtained and excused with only a Temporary Off-Campus Permit:
- A parent/guardian note with a valid signature turned into the Attendance Office before the student leaves campus
- A parent/guardian visit with valid photo ID at the Attendance office to sign the dismissal. Please leave extra time for this process
- Typically phone calls are not be accepted for early release/dismissal. Phone messages are not accepted for early release dismissal.
OFF-CAMPUS DURING SCHOOL DAY
Students are not allowed to leave during the regular school day without permission from the Attendance Office. If a student needs to leave campus during the school day, his/her parent must send a note with the student for the Attendance Office or visit the Attendance Office to request a release before the student leaves campus. No phone calls will be accepted. Students must obtain an Off-Campus Permit before leaving campus. It is recommended that medical/dental appointments be made after school. The Attendance Office will not clear students who leave campus without first obtaining an off-campus pass from the Attendance Office. Discipline for leaving campus without following the appropriate procedures include detention, Saturday School, and a Discipline Director conference.
Off-Campus Lunch Permit - Seniors are allowed to leave campus for lunch if they apply for and are granted an Off Campus Pass. Applications are available in the Assistant Principal’s office. If a senior leaves campus and does not return from lunch, he/she is truant. The Off Campus Pass is subject to immediate cancellation if the holder violates any school rules or municipal or state laws.