Check your Destiny Account
CHECK YOUR STUDENT DESTINY ACCOUNT
The following will be directions for students to check to see what textbooks, library books, or fines are on the account.
- The books the student has matches what is on the account
- The books the student has matches barcodes on the account
- If there are any fines
- If the books are cleared after returning
Directions to Check Destiny (library account)
Make sure you are logged into the student UUSD google account.
Destiny will use google authentication to log into your Destiny account
While logged into your student UUSD account, go to Destiny Library Search.
From Destiny Library search, Click "log in".
If the student is logged into the UUSD google account, clicking on the "sign in with Google" bar will pull up the student's account.
The landing page for student Destiny accounts is the search page. Student's can search for circulation books, ebooks, audiobooks and even articles from our databases.
To see the books on the account, the student will need to click on "My Info"
Information on the Destiny "My Info" Page
Items Out and Fines
There will be two categories, Items out & Fines.
- Items out will have textbooks and circulation books
- Fines will have any fines from late books or books returned with damage.
The due date will show when the book needs to be returned. Most textbooks are at the end of the school year.
Consumables will be listed in the due date if the book is to be written in and discarded at the end of the year.
Title, Price and, Checked out
Title will have the title and the copy barcode.
The price would be the cost of the book if it needs to be replaced
Checked out would be the date the book was put on the account
At the end of the title there will be a copy number. This is the barcode that is specific to the book. The book checked out to the student is what the student is responsible to return without further damages.
It is very important to check that the books the student has are the ones listed on the account and it stays that way if working with other students
Returning a different barcode will not excuse the student's account
THESE TEXTBOOKS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
- You are responsible for the book with the barcode checked out to you.
- Returning the barcode of another student will not clear your account so DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TEXTBOOK IN THE CLASSROOM
- if there is damage to the book, it will be assessed when the book is reshelved not returned.
- If you see damage that you did not cause, you must alert the library within a month of checkout
REASONS FOR FINES
Damage fines can vary in cost up to the complete replacement cost.
- Fines include but are not limited to:
- Losing a book (even if you turn in someone else’s book)
- Giving book to another person (including a teacher) or leaving it in class.
- Binding. Broken along the inside, coming apart, or loose.
- Pages falling out, missing, or torn.
- Sticky and stained covers and pages.
- Graffiti or writing.
- Excessive post-its requiring removal
- Edges sides of book torn or exposed cardboard
- Wet books where pages are warped and/or mildewed (Don’t press flowers)
- Other unreasonable damages not listed but affect the life of the textbook
All claims that the book was damaged when received needs to be brought to the attention of the library a month after receiving the books; not after the student had them the entire year
FINES AND HOW TO CLEAR THEM
If I student has a book that is past the due date, the book will move to the fines
Consumables will go off the student's account after the school year ends
The two types of fines a student is going to see are the lost or damaged fines.
- A lost fine can be cleared by returning the book or paying the fine
- A damaged fine will need to be paid at the student store.
- (NOTE) Trying to buy a replacement book must be agreed prior (contact the library)
Fines can be paid online through the Online Student Store
If you have any questions, concerns, or issues with your library account, Contact Mr. Foglesong
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT CLEARED
- Contact library staff with specifics (paid fine, lost book, etc)
- Pay the fine
- Track down where the books with the matching barcodes
CONTACT LIBRARY STAFF
|Contact Alicia Corona Alicia Corona||(909) 949-7880 ex: 35349||Library Tech|
|Contact Trevor Foglesong Trevor Foglesong||(909) 949-7880 ex: 35350||Librarian / Webmaster|